CricketHighlightsz – India vs West Indies 1st ODI 2022 Highlights
Watch the highlights of India vs West Indies 1st ODI 2022 - West Indies tour of India 2022 played at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad on Feb 06, 2022.
Match: IND vs WI, 1st ODI, West Indies tour of India, 2022
Date: Sunday, February 06, 2022
Toss: India won the toss and opt to bowl
Venue: Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
West Indies (Playing XI):
Brandon King, Shai Hope(w), Shamarh Brooks, Darren Bravo, Nicholas Pooran, Kieron Pollard(c), Jason Holder, Fabian Allen, Alzarri Joseph, Kemar Roach, Akeal Hosein
India (Playing XI):
Rohit Sharma(c), Ishan Kishan, Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal, Prasidh Krishna, Mohammed Siraj
Before Rohit Sharma's quick-fire half-century, Yuzvendra Chahal's brilliant four-for and Washington Sundar's impressive three-for helped India to a comfortable six-wicket victory over West Indies and a 1-0 lead in the first ODI. An unbeaten 62-run stand between Suryakumar Yadav and debutant Deepak Chahar helped India to a comfortable six-wicket victory over West Indies and a 1-0 lead.
Match Facts:- IND vs WI 1st ODI 2022
- In One-day Internationals, India's 177 was their 11th lowest successful run-chase against the West Indies.
- India's 132-ball triumph against West Indies was their second-largest victory in One-day Internationals in terms of balls left.
- India became the first team in cricket history to play 1000 ODIs.
- West Indies lost their top five batters for only 71 runs, their seventh worst first-five-wicket collapse in One-day Internationals against India on Indian territory.
- In one-day internationals, the West Indies' 176 was their sixth lowest total against India on Indian territory.
- Yuzvendra Chahal became the 23rd Indian player to reach the century mark in one-day internationals.
- The hosts wore black armbands to pay their respects to superstar Bollywood singer Lata Mangehskar, known as the "Nightingale of India", who died earlier Sunday at the age of 92.
West Indies scored 176 for all-out in 43.5 overs, with Jason Holder top scoring with 57 off 71 balls, including four sixes, Fabian Allen 29, Darren Bravo 18, and Nicholas Pooran 18.
Indian bowler Yuzvendra Chahal (4-49), Washington Sundar (3-wickets for 30-runs in 9 overs, including a maiden), Prasidh Krishna (2-wickets), and Mohammed Siraj (1 wicket).
India chased down 178-4 in 28 overs, with Rohit Sharma top scoring with 60 off 51 balls, hitting ten fours and a six, for a strike rate of 117.64.
Suryakumar Yadav struck an unbeaten 34 off 36 balls, including five fours, Ishan Kishan hit 28 off 36 balls, including two fours and a six, and debutant Deepak Hooda hit 26 off 32 balls, including two boundaries, in his first ODI encounter.
West Indies bowler Alzarri Joseph grabbed two wickets and one for Akeal Hosein.
Yuzvendra Chahal named Man of the Match for his brilliant bowling performance for claiming 4-wickets for 49 runs in 9.5 overs.